9.06.2011














Untitled © Sarah Stankey

This photograph was made in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming during a road trip I went on in July. Although this is technically a nature photography shot, I do not feel that nature is what initially comes to mind when looking at this image. It is almost as if it could be from a different planet or a different time on Earth. And despite what one might assume, the colors are all completely natural, I did not change them in the editing process at all. These strange, unnatural looking hues occur because of a the high contents of sulfur in the hot springs and geysers at Yellowstone. I enjoy taking photographs of nature for myself because I love being in natural environments, but I do not typically share them because I do not find any value in doing so. But this image in particular I find to be much more interesting than that of a flower or a sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment