9.04.2010




















Untitled © Zachary Seib

It was early in the morning when I captured this scene. The fog was so thick that I could feel the minuscule drops of water as they slowly drifted past me. Water was dripping from the trees as if it had just rained. As I walked along the shoreline, I noticed that the water was dead calm, and its reflection was mirror like. The dark pier was piercing the vast white abyss. The much darker reflection underneath it appeared like a strange shadow. It was a photograph that I had been waiting years to find. I composed the frame so no extraneous visual elements would detract from the scene. This photograph was influenced by Michael Kenna and Luke Stettner's photography. I am going to try to continue creating images of this nature for the following semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment