9.06.2010












untitled © Jennifer Romero

Being in Europe for a month this summer, inspiration grew all around me. Even in the most unexpected places I was flooded with ideas. This photograph was taken in Krakow, Poland in a long hallway leading to a local restaurant named "Buddha" in Rynek Glowny, the main square. The slow shutter speed and low light caused this blurred looking effect. This is something I recently started practicing and have enjoyed very much. I am inspired by Uta Barth's work which consists of soft, blurred and out of focus images that are simply stunning. This type of photographic abstraction is something I plan to continue exploring throughout the semester because I am extremely fascinated by the results that are the outcome of this practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment