9.26.2010























Self Portrait, © Keely Weiland

At the beginning, I photographed simply because I had a camera. I received it for my tenth birthday and as a child, just decided that I should be a photographer. I didn't just collect memories. I remember posing people and having specific ideas for imagery. As I grew, I began to see differently and wanted to learn and push myself both technically and conceptually. As a student at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, I found that I could do that, and still am.
I was born in northern Michigan and lived there until attending MIAD. It was here that I found my interest in abstraction, minimalism, and color based imagery. The bulk of my photographing includes these ideas, while still allowing me to explore others.

No comments:

Post a Comment