9.24.2010

















self portrait © Alec Schuppel

My name is Alec, which I feel uniquely gives a definition to what I may be like. I try to stay aware of my reactions to experiences as often as I can. I often pay attention to my feelings and the feelings I involve others in which I believe is directly related to my purposes of photographing. My biggest motivator is my father who passed away when I was seven. Almost my entire life has been spent trying to understand what my father was like and his way of handling life. Through genetics, if I were to stop trying to understand my father’s way of seeing life, I don't believe I would feel any purpose in photographing. He is the root of the beautiful happenings that I witness, experience, and photograph. It is his feelings via experience that shine through me, and that is what I try to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment