9.23.2010




















Self Portrait © Joshua Ballew

My name is Joshua Ballew and I am a photography student at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. Consciously influenced by the imagery seen in skateboard magazines, subconsciously by the cluttered photo albums of my mother, photography is my attempt of collecting, inspecting, and organizing things I cannot control. This is not to say that through photography I have honed my ability to control or change anything. The truth is, almost none of the finished work I produce directly resembles ideas from the ever-changing list they derive from. My intention for the images may have started there on the clumsily written page but they most certainly won't end there. With regard to my photography the only thing I can say with any level of certainty is the results of the creative endeavor will undoubtedly change and be influenced by people, places, and items outside of the preconceived intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment