9.06.2010













Elements © Lauren Howie Laur

Sometime in the Spring of this year, I stumbled onto the idea of identity. It caused me to look at myself and ponder hundreds of questions about who I really was as a photographer, a women and why I am who I am today. I began to link place with identity and photographed what I called home. I want to understand the significance of place for their users. This photograph is unlike the very directorial photographs I have produced in the past and lead me to other approaches in my photography. This image was made this summer during an independent study course I took with Bob Smith. It was one of the first photographs I took that summer and it was a jumping off point for me as an artist. Each element of my image making currently, has very much to do with an internal conflict of what home really is and if where we are is who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment