8.31.2009




















Pour My Pain In A Dirty Glass © Todd Langkamp

Over the summer I had a chance to see the band Dropkick Murphy's at Summerfest. Dropkick Murphy's is an Irish Punk Rock band. This a photo of the band's lead guitarist. The title of the piece is a reference to one of their songs that I thought was appropriate. I really enjoyed doing this series though taking the photos was a real challenge since I was front row center at this concert and the crowd was very wild. For this piece I was really drawn to it from the expression of the guitarist, the slight softness which shows his movement, and the harsh light of the spotlight on his face washing out some of the details. All of this I believe creates drama within the photo and you can really get a sense of the passion of this performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment