8.31.2009















Untitled © Barbara Vonderharr

I feel comfortable shooting portraiture as a general basis, but during my summer photography class with Frank Ford, I realized how creating a connection with every person that you are taking a picture of is very important. Being able to create a comfortable environment and a willingness to be open for what you may ask the model to perform can be quite significant to your ability to snap a quality photo. I had my good days, and my off days; but regardless we still had to meet with models and be at the top of our game, ready for any number of characters to waltz through the door to be photographed. From drag queens, bands, to five-year old Johnny Cash impersonators, we learned to better connect with our models as growing photographers. It was a very positive learning experience, and one that I will not soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment