10.27.2010






































© Keely Weiland


The top image is of my long time friend, Mary. We have known each other for about twelve years. Having known her as a child, it made sense to me to photograph her by her vanity. Playing games of dress up and make believe was what we did when we were together. I connect her sitting by her vanity to those childhood memories. I have found it difficult to photograph strangers. The same time that I did Mary's shoot, I was going to photograph her new roommate, whom I haven't met. This unfortunately didn't work out, but as I was taking more photographs for my Front Porch project, I took the bottom image. This man is still a stranger, having only grumbled at me to take the picture quickly and not introducing himself as I did to him. The image almost matches those of my series, showing the front porch of his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment