12.01.2009

Project:Farmers of Walworth County
















©Kayla Newman

Before I began this project I had been taking pictures of landscapes and old weathered barns. By photographing these barns and passing acres upon acres of farmland, I realized just how important farming is to our survival. Not only does it provide food, it also provides jobs. Farming also plays a vital part in the history of America. Farming used to be a family business. The children would help out and once their parents couldn’t work anymore, they took over. It seems that kids and adults alike are becoming less interested in farming, which may have an impact on our country.

With this project I would like to show a variety of farms in a relatively small area. Not only do I want to show the diversity in the types of farms but also the diversity of the people. With this project I hope to expose farming to the people that may not know much about it and encourage them to think about their food and where it is coming from. -Kayla Newman

















©Kayla Newman
















©Kayla Newman
















©Kayla Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment