9.08.2009

Great Shot: Kalina


© Noah Kalina
I was drawn to Kalina's work right away because of the attention to lighting in his photographs. I find many similarities in his work to the images I created when I first started taking pictures. Dramatic lighting has always been very seductive to me as a visual artist, and I think Kalina achieves a wonderful balance beetween dramatic and soft in his lighting technique. It is very enchanting. Kalina says, "I don’t believe in photography as truth. I make myths." I think I would say the same thing about my own work, or something close to it anyway. I believe in photography as a way to visualize something you otherwise could not see....a way to create illusion.
More of Kalina's work can be seen at http://www.noahkalina.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment