8.31.2009







Untitled © Debra K. Leal

Stepping away from more-or-less documenting my summer through 35 mm, this photograph was the only piece created digitally and conceptually from the three-month break. For me, this triptych was more of an emotional and sensual record of the connection I shared with the man in front of me, and the environment that we inhabited. Aside from being suggestive in nature, I really wanted this to be simple-- only introducing elements that could closely describe what I felt at that point in time. When thinking about past work I have made, I consider this piece to fit perfectly within the approach I take to pick apart and study intimate relationships with significant others, loved ones, and myself. Intrigued with the idea of understanding and showing the strongest of human emotions (I have yet to find the answer), I continue to present my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment