10.02.2009

Bio: Tom Owens
























©tomowens

I have spent nearly my whole lifetime, childhood on, in the small town East Troy, WI. Growing up my family did a lot of traveling; childhood summer vacations consisted of camping trips, traveling roughly half of the states. During this time I was always drawn to the camera. In fact I loved my dads old 35mm so much, no one else in the family really got a chance to use it.
Today I am studying photography, going for my BFA at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design. I am currently living in Milwaukee, its big change from my humble little town.
I am interested in the many diverse ways photographs can be used in the world today. Yet I’m not sure what is quite right for me. I guess every student has this problem, at least for a little while. I am particularly interested in night, travel, and documentary photography. But there is something about the night, the quality of light, and the span of time that I just can’t seem to get over. Photographing at night I find to be very relaxing, yet exhilarating at the same time. It’s almost unexplainable.
“Perhaps most intriguing of all is that it is possible to photograph what is impossible for the human eye to see” ~ Michael Kenna

No comments:

Post a Comment